Sunday, January 1, 2012

Healthy, Wealthy & Wise

Since I decided I was going to start the new year soda-free and then ordered it with my pizza this afternoon (without even thinking), I thought maybe I could start off with a blog post and be 1 for 1 for the new year :o)
So, let me start by saying that yes, we did go out to eat on a Sunday. We are staying in NWA in a hotel and had to eat. It is also our 15th anniversary today. We originally planned to be back in OK today and celebrate at The Melting Pot tomorrow night. It just didn't feel right to me to wait until the day after, and we could postpone The Melting Pot to Valentine's Day and spend just about that same amount taking EVERYONE in our family out to Mad Pizza. I will almost always opt for the time with the entire family. So, here we are:

That is Ashley & Christopher, Derrick, Me & Geno, Brian & Desarae, and Mark.
Zoey & Jada (Ashley's girls), Hunter & Zachary (Chris' boys), and Little Miss Braylee Madyson (Brian & Desarae's little girl). I am assuming if you are reading this you already know us, but the 4 boys are ours :o)
I have decided that my theme for this next year will be "Healthy, Wealthy & Wise". SO MANY goals fall into these categories, so I am choosing just a few under each topic and working on those. More on that later, but of course "Early to bed and early to rise" is one of the top things. I have always been a much better morning person. I get so much done first thing in the morning and just start to fizzle out the later it gets. When Geno first hurt his back and I had to stay awake to make sure he got to bed fine, I slowly swapped from my early mornings to his late nights. Time to switch that back!
5 Things:
1. I am grateful for 15 years with Geno. We have had some twists and turns, but this roller coaster ride has been nothing less than exciting the entire time!
2. I am grateful for my family. During the first couple of weeks of this year, we may face some REALLY BIG changes, but I hope we can all come through this stronger and better people.
3. I am grateful for my faith. I have really learned A LOT over the past 2 years. My faith was tested and strengthened. It will be tested more, and I hope strengthened more.
4. I am grateful for my friends. Missie, Sarah, and Amy are absolutely AMAZING. I would be lost without their counsel, example, and generosity.
5. I am grateful for my talents. I want to focus more on my creativity and organization this next year and see where it takes me. Who knows?!
Happy New Year 2012!

No comments: