Sunday, November 20, 2011

My Birthday Week

Things I have learned (or come to accept) on my birthday week:
1. I am HORRIBLE at blogging on a daily basis-or weekly for that matter. In the end, this really won't matter, so I can live with it!
2. It is a good thing I quit drinking over 10 years ago. When Geno told me he bought a new car, I am quite certain I would have hit the bottle! Seriously! He might have considered a roomier car, because we may have to live in it...it cost as much as a small house! Not really, but way more than I would ever pay for a car. I would rather go on trips and make memories. Whatever. It is done.
3. They don't make a watch that measures your heartbeat without either wearing a chest strap or having a touch screen. Geno says the touch screen isn't accurate enough. I thought for sure there was an inexpensive watch that would measure my heart rate from the wrist using the watchband. Nope. I should really invent that!
4. Vanilla Bean Noel lotion and body wash from B&BW is THE BOMB! Geno just took me shopping rather than buying me gifts and I walked through and smelled all of the scents they had to offer. I used to wear Warm Vanilla Sugar and finally just got tired of it. This new one is a little sweeter-not so heavy. When Geno was having his surgery, one of the nurses walking in the hall was saying that something smelled so good, like cotton candy. I finally realized it was me. It comes around only during the holidays. I used another $10 off $30 and bought 3 more lotions and got 3 more shower gels free ($26 for all 6!) I have more coupons, but I decided that I would use these and then wait for next season. It will give me something to look forward to, right?
5. I REALLY need to go get my glasses! I bought a Vanilla Bean Noel lip gloss at B&BW thinking it was $5. The tag clearly said $8. I pulled it out and asked Geno AFTER I had paid for it. I probably would not have paid the $8, but since it was already done...
6. Metal cannot be adhered to wood with glue dots OR hot glue. I made a sign for above our bed that says "g" loves "s". The metal letters were $1 each and I painted them blue. The frame was $.50 at a garage sale, and I had the scrapbook paper already. I woke up to no letters on the frame, so I hot glued them. Then the "g" fell off and almost knocked the shelf off the wall. Geno fixed the shelf. I used E6000 to fix the letters. Problem solved (I hope).
7. There is only 1-K and 2-Y's in a Scrabble game. If I want to make scrabble name ornaments for everyone in my family, I need 3 games! Since a game is only $9.98 at Walmart, I could make about 15 ornaments--only $2 each! I got one game at Goodwill for $3. Even better.
8. I can make my own laundry soap! I made a 5 gallon bucket, and it only calls for 1/2 cup per load. I think it cost me about $3.50 for the supplies. Awesome!
9. I am HORRIFIED to speak in front of others! I only had to talk for 5 minutes today, and I was shaking like a leaf. I almost cried when I first started...I think because I was so scared. I did finally calm down after looking into the smiling faces of those wonderful ladies.
10. Did you know Autobots have Cybertronian symbols? Me either. They each have a special power that is written (in Cybertronian) somewhere on them for other Autobots to recognize it. Geno told me. I am married to a nerd. Thankfully, he is also a computer genius who is incredibly handsome and drives around in a really nice car. I wonder what power he should have tatooed on himself in Cybertronian? (Awesome Christmas gift idea brewing here!)
11. I have no clue how to actually format my posts! This crazy thing will only let me change the color or size of the first 3 points and then it is done. I need to find a tutorial on this and see what my problem is. I know I could just ask Geno, but sometimes I just want to figure it out myself. I spent 2 hours on an issue that I knew Geno could fix in 2 seconds, but the point is that I fixed it and I know how to do it again :o)

No comments: