Friday, November 4, 2011

I Am Thankful for Prayer and Chocolate!

I don't actually mean together. I had a horrible headache last night and ended up trying so many different meds to try to figure out what was actually causing it that I fell asleep early and slept long! I tried sinus meds, muscle relaxer, migraine meds, and pain meds. Not all at the same time! That was over a period of several hours, but I am such a lightweight when it comes to meds that I was toast by 8pm. I was out by 9pm and slept-or at least stayed in bed until 9am today. I have a horrible hangover from it all today. I am going to grab a quick nap before my Hallmark Christmas movies start at 7pm tonight! But, I didn't take the time to post what I am thankful for yesterday...
I did not grow up in a house that prayed together. I am the only one from my family who attends church. Well, my half-brother did not grow up with us and he is a Baptist minister now, but he has disowned all of us. I have yet to understand how he can preach the Bible to a group of people and yet not practice the teachings himself. I guess that is a topic for a whole other post. There I go getting off topic again! I bet it is hard for you to believe that talking to me takes a lot of focus and keeping me on track :o)
I have been starting my days out with reading scriptures and praying. Geno and I pray together as a couple. We pray before our meals. It is so fun to pray for something and then see how the prayers are answered. This is especially so when we think the prayers will be answered in one way and we realize that it was answered in a completely different way that we did not expect at all. I am so grateful for prayer and I know that prayers are always heard and answered.
I am also thankful for chocolate...especially during certain times that seem to come along each month (sorry, guys!). It is just a fact of life! I am a dark chocolate kind of person. I try not to eat too much of it, but the leftover Halloween candy is calling my name for the past two days! I am not a biter, either. It always amazes me that Geno will take a piece and chew it. Chocolate is to be treasured, and it should be allowed to slowly melt in your mouth!

No comments: