Sunday, October 30, 2011

My Birthday is Coming!

Okay, really I'm not all that excited about it. Not like Geno anyway. He starts counting down WAY early. I get more excited about the thought that maybe my kids will let me help with their kids' parties. I am hoping my oldest and his wife will allow me to plan Miss Braylee's 2nd birthday party with a Minnie Mouse theme. I understand if they want to do it themselves. It's not like I have put a lot of thought into the cupcakes with Oreo cookie ears and pink shimmer goodie bags and Minnie cake pops and marshmallows on a stick dipped in pink chocolate. And I haven't been scoping out every thrift store for glasses and plates with the perfect designs so they will look great when I spray paint them pink. And, I will be fine if I don't get to make lots of pink tissue poms to hang in a backdrop.
I will.
I will just have to convince my other son to let me do his son's 2nd birthday that is 2 weeks later. If they both turn me down, I WILL be out hunting some parent down to let me try some of these awesome ideas ;o)
But in the meantime, I will be having another birthday. Since it would really be strange to find Geno trying to make tissue paper poms or even come up with a theme, we will just go out to eat...The Melting Pot, here we come!
I find it funny that my children and friends think I am so hard to buy for.
Let me just clarify: I am not expecting any gifts, BUT if you were already going to buy something I will make it easier ;o)
Here is my current wish list:
*12x12 3-ring American Crafts fabric covered scrapbook albums $19.99 at Hobby Lobby (which is $10 when they are on sale and is the only time I buy them!)
*Tea kettle with a top that opens so I can clean it out. I am such an herbal tea and hot chocolate addict and the one I have had for too many years to remember is ready to be retired. I am totally in love with this Paula Deen one:
*Tan or Black dish towels. My orange Food Network ones from Kohl's are in desperate need of being replaced!
*Blue towels for my bathroom. I have redone my bedroom in brown/blue/light blue(set from Kohl's), so the master bathroom needs a makeover, too.
*The movie "Up" (my favorite) on bluray. Lol! Our 5 yo grandson always make sure to clarify that he wants us to buy a movie "on bluray" like he really understands the difference.
*AMC movie theater gift cards. We are addicted! Our movie theater is so awesome. We paid for an AMC Stubs membership and you get $10 credit for every $100 spent on admission and at the concession stand. We just got it in July, and we have earned credits more than once already.
*A cheap watch that will do my heart rate and show the seconds. I don't like that I have to hold onto the treadmill constantly to monitor my heart rate if I choose the "fat burn" workout, and I need the seconds to measure my rest between sets on the circuit machines.
*Shower wash and lotion in matching scents. I was reading a book where the main character's indulgence was different scents of these two and she just chose whatever matched her mood for that day. I thought that sounded fun. I am normally a citrusy (cranberry, orange, mango, etc.) kinda girl, but I think some others might be fun.
*Bike. I am ready to get some exercise outside, and we have an amazing trail here just calling out for me!
*Shelly's Diner from Dept. 56 Snow Village collection. This is such a frivilous purchase and more than I really like to spend. I actually had it in my hand last year and then decided to put it back. It is probably best, because I would be tempted to leave it out all year round...because it is totally cool and has my name on it.
And, if you know me really well, you know that I am all about finding a good deal...sales, coupons, thrift stores, garage sales...so gift cards are totally awesome. Kohl's, Bath&Body Works, Hobby Lobby, AMC...they are all totally awesome.

1 comment:

Kasey said...

I know a lot of people who would give just about anything to have a grandma that wanted to plan every detail of their kids' birthday parties. You are so fun!