Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Focus! Focus! Focus!

I am hearing that in the voice of the magician from Frosty the Snowman. I don't really know why. But I am.

I have a horrible habit of "pollenating." I love that term from my friend, Missie. It sounds way better than "moving from one task to the next before finishing the one before and really COMPLETING nothing all day long." See, it does sound way better :o) I have had days where I started cleaning the kitchen and saw a jacket left on the back of a chair. I picked that up and went to the closet to hang it up and saw the vacuum. I started vacuuming in the living room and almost sucked up a toy the grandkids brought from outside. I stop and take that outside only to discover that the table still has bubbles on it and need to be cleaned up. I go into the laundry room to get a rag from the cabinet and realize I need to switch over the clothes in the washer. You get the idea.

There is a horribly wonderful new thing contributing to my bad habit of pollenating...

PINTEREST

It is addicting! It is a virtual bulletin board where you can "pin" all of the amazing ideas you find on the internet. Not only that, but you can follow your friends' boards and look at other ideas people have pinned and save that time looking for ideas yourself! I created a "Things to Make" board, and it seems to keep growing. The problem is that I have so many amazing items I want to create, I get started on one and don't finish it before moving on to the next. So, tonight I am making a list, prioritizing, and getting some projects done!

FOCUS! FOCUS! FOCUS!


Allergies have hit me full force! I don't even know WHAT I am allergic to, but it sure is ruining this great weather for me. Geno has the windows open so we can enjoy this great weather, and I just want to sleep! The allergy meds just make me tired. So, here's to a better and productive day tomorrow! I have a few things I really want to get done before Missie comes on Friday, and a few Halloween items for the grandkids that need to be done before I leave to help Mom and Dad after their surgeries. And, I really want to keep up with my Project Life. I fell off the wagon with the move and decided to start with September 1st. It is only the 6th, and I already forgot to take a picture for today...

No comments: