Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I Am Thankful For My Church...

and the truths it teaches me.
Those of you who know me well know that I am not one to really talk about religion in detail. I thought I would take this month of gratitude to say how grateful I am for my religion. I am a Mormon. I joined when I was a junior in high school. I must be honest and say that I wasn't in the practice of prayer and reading scriptures and all of the other habits that would have been helpful in my life decisions. But I can say that my parents taught me about living a good life and being a good person. I was like most teenagers and thought I knew better than them, but I know now that they just wanted what was best for me.
Even during the years that I was not active in my church, Geno and I tried to attend a non-denominational church as a compromise. I just couldn't do it. It just didn't FEEL right. Geno didn't understand then, but he does now.
I know there are many who think we are a cult. Many churches that actually teach in their meetings that we are bad. But I invite you to come and see for yourself. I don't believe God would have any part of a church where they talk negatively about another religion as a whole. "By their fruits ye shall know them." I know so many good people who serve and do good and give of themselves every day. Please...if you have questions, ask a Mormon or come and see for yourself :o)