Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Valentine's Day

The morning of Valentine's Day was supposed to be the divorce/custody hearing for our second son. Due to some unusual circumstances, we filed for custody of the 2 little boys and the hearing got post-poned. We were happy that we got to spend time with the grandchildren and 3 of our 4 boys, but we were a little blown away by the horrible lies and accusations being thrown our way by our ex-DIL. Sadly, telling lies has become her truth. Geno and I were so caught up in our conversation that we even went to the wrong hotel. We didn't realize until we got inside and there was no staircase! We got quite a laugh out of it, though, and it helped to lighten the mood.
We had originally planned to go to The Melting Pot for Valentine's Day. When I saw that it was $130/couple, I just couldn't justify spending that much. I just spent that on groceries for almost 2 weeks' of meals for us. That is just too much for one meal! Maybe another day. So, I planned our date night Friday to be our Valentine's Day celebration. We were to have bruschetta for an appetizer, black bean soup and cornbread for dinner, and individual apple crisps for dessert. I so want to use my ramekins! So I set the table:
Geno hasn't been feeling well lately, and really hasn't been eating much. We ate a late lunch-avocado chicken salad in ww pitas-so the bruschetta ended up being dinner. We watched 17 Miracles. Such a great movie, and exactly what I needed right now. We had the bean soup and cornbread for dinner Saturday, and I am still planning to use those ramekins...

No comments: