Friday, January 6, 2012

Chinese Date Night

Since my no-soda goal didn't go so well, I'm not sure I should tell you what any of my other goals for the year are! So, I am flawed. No big secret. I just need to succeed one more time than I fail, right? Geno and I were totally rockin' the Friday date nights for several months before he hurt his back in August 2010. We had been so overwhelmed with hospitals, doctors, and all things medical for so long that we got out of the habit. We started up again when we moved here to OKC, but it was pretty much dinner out and a movie-which can get REALLY expensive pretty quickly. One of my other goals is about finances (later post) and the idea of doing something within budget (even better if it is below!) is just as exciting to me as the actual event. I heard someone say, "It is called a budget because you set it and you don't budge." I love it!
So, in an attempt to have regular date nights, stay within a budget, AND get out of the dinner and movie rut we were in, I decided to start putting more effort into date night. Once I started doing some research online, I realized that there were some other very talented ladies who had already been doing the work for a few years now. All I needed to do was pick what worked for us right now and most of the work was done for me.
Since I waited until last night to really pick, my plans were somewhat limited. HOWEVER...there are ideas that you can do at the last minute, so don't give up on date nights! Just make sure to pick the ideas for next week and start on it RIGHT AFTER you enjoy this week's date night. I went with http://www.thedatingdivas.com/just-the-two-of-us/chinese-please/
The Dating Divas are awesome! I printed out the invitation for Geno, bought a Panda Express gift card, and set it out with a fortune cookie and chopsticks:
(My tablecloth is really wrinkled!)
I also printed Wok Tok game-like Mad Gab-from this same post and rented Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. My plan was to also pick up the take-out boxes and Chinese lanterns. I went to Dollar Tree, Hobby Lobby, Party Galaxy, Target, AND Walmart. NO LANTERNS. NO FANS. NO TAKE-OUT BOXES. NO PROBLEM! Geno was happy with the effort I had put forth for our first date. He said it was all right up my alley. Yes it is.
Panda Express was yummy. Wok Tok made us laugh. I won. Geno broke off part of the temporary crown he spent 3 hours in the dental chair getting today, so when the dentist called to check on him and then said to meet him at the office Geno said we tied. I'll take a tie. The movie was just not our cup of tea. The girl fight started out good until the ladies were kinda flying around. We did think that maybe Geno found a new hairstyle. Since he can't grow it on top, maybe he should try the front shaved and the back in a long braid.
The Sugar Bowl is on now. We had a good night!


No comments: