Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Absence makes the heart grow fonder...

and me more productive!
I got all of the Christmas down and packed into the boxes today. They are all stacked up in the garage waiting for Mark to help me get them in the attic. I am making notes to myself for when we start house-hunting next year. We won't always have someone around to do the heavy lifting, so we need to make sure we have enough storage space accessible to me. With Geno's back injury, it is all up to me when there is no one else around! I also realize that I better love it if I am going to have to tote it around myself ;o)
I was also able to upload 1 of the wedding photo discs to Shutterfly (so I can take advantage of the 101 free prints by tomorrow) and I will start the second disc before I head to bed. There were 500 photos on the first disc, so it took almost 5 hours. I just let it run while I cleaned and did other things. I did realize just how much I use my computer to look things up as I think of them during the day!
I thought I should photograph this wonderful nativity:This was given to me by a wonderful, caring lady from my church who came to visit me faithfully every month even when I didn't attend for a few years. I am reminded of her Christ-like love for me every year when I set it out.
If you look closely, you can see that Joseph's head is glued on. I apparently have some subconscious issue with Joseph, because I have managed to break the head off of every Joseph in every nativity we have owned! Well, except the Fisher Price Little People set, but even he went missing last year. I found him behind some DVDs on the shelf a few weeks after Christmas last year. I think he had gotten word and was trying to save himself :o)


One of the hottest topics in our house right now is the temperature. Geno gets cold and turns up the heat and the next thing I know I am sweating like crazy! For 14 years, the boys and I were walking around the house in sweatshirts and never sat to watch tv without a blanket. I have quite a collection of blankets from the years. Geno would always tell us that he was hot and we would just have to add layers. Now that the tables have turned, he doesn't seem to feel the same way. WHATEVER! I thought I am the one who is supposed to be having internal temperature control problems :o) I finally put my foot down and told him that he was going to have to adjust himself to the temperature and not keep changing the thermostat and making everyone else miserable. This is how you can find him most of the time now:
I know, right? This is crazy! He did go get some blood work done today to see if maybe something is not right internally that needs to be fixed. Well, if you ask me...
Five things:
1. I am grateful for my health. I do have some goals for a healthier me in 2012, but they are all things I can certainly fix with some work. With all that we have dealt with concerning Geno, I am in pretty great shape!
2. I am grateful for my new green tea kettle I got from Missie and Sarah for my birthday. I LOVE hot chocolate and some herbal teas. I can't wait to sit inside and enjoy a nice warm drink while the snow falls next week. And, it just makes me happy sitting there all green in my black/tan kitchen!
3. I am grateful for Thomas S. Monson, President of our church. Listening to him tell stories of his life and what an example he is to me is inspiring. His smile makes me smile, too.
4. I am grateful for that still, small voice that whispers to me and prompts me to do good things. I am reading One Simple Act by Debbie Macomber, and I am trying to focus more on generosity and listening to those promptings for opportunities to give service.
5. I am grateful for modern medicine. Without the experimental treatment Geno was able to receive, he wouldn't even be walking at this point! I have a few tests to be run in the next few weeks, but I am happy for that opportunity to find out about medical issues early and to know that there are treatment options for me :o)

No comments: