Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Zachary is Six

Zachary got  a card from his Mema and Pappy on the Saturday before his birthday!
We have taught him about TJ Maxx.  He can buy his favorite toys-Transformers-for about half the cost at other stores.  His plan was to add to his collection of Transformers, but he ended up getting Super Hero Squad instead.

His birthday was August 6th, and we decided his party should be that same day.  He chose Scooby Doo and the gang as his theme.  I went straight to Pinterest to see what ideas were out there.  I was able to find plenty of images to print, too.  I put my Cricut and my printer to work, and it started coming together:

One of the most popular ideas going around is having a photo booth with props.  I found some great felt props on Etsy, but they sold before I made the decision to get them. 
They reposted, but then we were on vacation and then they were on vacation and the party was so close and you get the point.  So, I did the best I could with my very limited artistic talents.  (That is why I have a Cricut!) 
Here is Zachary with the Velma props:
I love it!

I thought it would be fun to get a giant sub sandwich since Scooby and Shaggy are always eating.  It was $24 for a 4 ft or $28 for a 6 ft.  No brainer!  Here he is with 1/6 of the sub:
I forgot to take a picture of the food table, but we had cheese balls and Scooby snacks served in dog bowls.  I was able to get all of the party supplies at the dollar store in Paducah, KY when we visited mom and dad for a week.  They had the perfect colors.

I love the idea of putting out the treats for the goodie bags and just letting the kids choose.  We had m&m tubes, Scooby snacks, gumball tubes, Scooby fruit snacks, and Scooby suckers with popping candy. 
(I was able to find a store on Etsy and order a pdf of the round images that I could print as many as I wanted) 

We made Scooby collars with fruit loops.  Here is his friend, William, showing off his collar:

Zachary chose a cookie instead of a cake.  We were so happy to find out that Eileen's Colassal Cookies in Edmond, OK has a Scooby design.  These are the most awesome cookies EVER!
I guess he didn't care for our singing.

The photo props:
It was a pretty successful party.  Most importantly, Zachary had a good birthday!

No comments: