Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Favorite Things Party

In November 2010 I was invited to a "My Favorite Things" party. The invitation said to come up with one of your favorite things (limit of $6) and bring 5 (so you spend no more than $30).
I am a huge hot chocolate fan. I do enjoy the Godiva hot chocolate that is served at the Starbucks in Barnes&Noble back in Rogers, AR. I can't seem to find it at any other Starbucks. I try hot chocolate everywhere I go, but I have not found anything I like better than Land 'O Lakes. It is available in single packets at Wal-Mart stores everywhere for @$.50 each. At first, I was addicted to the mint flavor and then the raspberry. Every year they come out with a holiday pack that is available at Sam's club and features a new flavor. I always start looking in late September, early October to make sure I get a pack (or two or three). Once Dark Chocolate was introduced, I was addicted! Of course, that one is not available in the individual packs, so I have to wait until the holiday pack comes out to get some...and then hide it! I pull them out sparingly to enjoy when needed :o)
They did release Raspberry Dark Chocolate in the single packs this past year! Two of my favorites all in one? Perfection.
I think presentation is important, so this is how they all looked:
Each of my bags had a mug, 3 different flavors of hot chocolate, two dark chocolate dipped spoons (for some extra yummy flavor), and a bag of my and Geno's recent snack obsession.
The snack mix is craisins, raisins, almonds, almond slivers, and dark chocolate. It is so healthy and so yummy!

I know these parties are so last year, but I think I need to host one in my new area!
And a start a yearly cookie exchange...



No comments: